What is out there in space?
1.Roles- Speaker, Director, Manager. (We will be making these today)
You will wear a lanyard for each science lesson. Share the different roles within your
2. Set up our Science Journals in our scrap books. (Leave a blank page at the start)
A lot of activities in this unit will require hand drawn diagrams and sketches so date all of your entries in this book and give each page a heading.
3. NIGHT AND DAY ACTIVITY- What do you think? Working in your groups complete the activity DAY AND NIGHT which makes 3 claims.
a. The Sun goes around the Earth once a day
b. The Earth goes around the Sun once a day
c. The Earth spins around once a day
- Draw a labelled scientific diagram (grey lead or black fine liner only with the title ‘Spinning in space’ in your science journals.
- Record your ideas about :
– The size and shape of the Sun, Earth and Moon
– The position of the Sun, Earth and Moon and
– how the Sun, Earth and Moon might move in space
You might show their movements by lines with arrows or turning arrows.
2. Once you have created a labelled diagram share it with a partner.
To be continued…….