You are all moving on to Secondary College soon and many of you will need to travel on trains, trams and buses. Complete the following activity in your grid book.
Your TIME challenge is as follows:
HERE IS THE CHALLENGE
A person living near Apollo Parkways PS wants to go to the movies in the city. To get there they need to catch public transport to the city and then return home the same way.
You need to research (using movie and public transport timetables) the following:
1. Where do they catch the public transport from?
2. What time will they catch the public transport?
3. What time will they arrive in the city?
4. Where will they exit the public transport?
5. What movie will they be seeing and where will they see it?
6. What time does the film start?
7. What time (approximately) does the film finish?
8. Where from and what time will they leave the city on public transport?
9. Where and what time will they arrive home?
To complete this task you will need to create an itinerary for the trip. Your itinerary should include times, locations and the plan for the day’s events. You need to take into account the time it would take to move from one place to another (eg: from the public transport to the movie theatre).
You can use your iPad to do your research and you can complete you itinerary either in your Maths book or on your Pages app.