August 14, 2017 by Mr Richo
August 14, 2017 by Mr Richo
August 13, 2017 by Mr Richo
August 7, 2017 by Mr Richo
Answer these questions in your English books:
- What is the street being mentioned in this BTN?
- Define the terms: stock exchange, shares and brokers.
- What is the proportion of Americans living below the poverty line?
- Protesters believe that the greed of Wall Street is bringing down the rest of the country. Why do they think this?
- What is the estimated profit made by the money business on Wall Street each year?
- How is this BTN using the term “inequality”?
- What is the main point of this BTN?
- What do you think can be done to help the situation at Wall Street?
August 3, 2017 by Mr Richo
This assignment can be worked on during the next few weeks. Everybody will present their idea in front of the class. Be persuasive! Pitch your product well. Start up a document as soon as possible and begin planning.See the success criteria grid below for ideas.
Grade 6 SHARK TANK
Speaking Task. Pitch a product
Can be your invention or something that has already been invented.
Goal is to convince the members of our grade to purchase your product. Can be a good or a service.
At the end of the session students will vote for their top 3.
Ist prize = $500 E and L dollars
2nd prize = $250 E and L dollars
3rd prize = $100 E and L dollars.
You need to know your product well. At the end of your ‘pitch’ there will be a question time.
Working towards At expected level Above expected level Notes/content reading notes Use of palm cards No palm cards
Engaged with the audience
Preparation Minimal preparation Well prepared Excellent Product knowledge Didn’t know the product
Difficulty answering questions
Good knowledge of the product
Able to answer questions
Able to answer questions confidently
(volume, pace, moderation
Not clear Clear Very clear Persuasion Not convincing Convincing Strong, persuasive
August 1, 2017 by Mr Richo
July 26, 2017 by Mr Richo
Read this description of a beach. This is probably what we all think of when a beach is described to us. BUT – what if we change the whole MINDSET about what a beach is.
The learning intention for this activity is that I want you to think more broadly about common topics. Don’t be satisfied with the ‘normal’ approach. Think ‘outside the square’.
After reading this description you will need to check out a Keynote in the Grade 6R server.
View the Keynote.
Write a description of a beach that is OPPOSITE to our Hawaiin beach.
(Write this in your Writing Book.)
July 25, 2017 by Mr Richo
You are all moving on to Secondary College soon and many of you will need to travel on trains, trams and buses. Complete the following activity in your grid book.
Your TIME challenge is as follows:
HERE IS THE CHALLENGE
A person living near Apollo Parkways PS wants to go to the movies in the city. To get there they need to catch public transport to the city and then return home the same way.
You need to research (using movie and public transport timetables) the following:
1. Where do they catch the public transport from?
2. What time will they catch the public transport?
3. What time will they arrive in the city?
4. Where will they exit the public transport?
5. What movie will they be seeing and where will they see it?
6. What time does the film start?
7. What time (approximately) does the film finish?
8. Where from and what time will they leave the city on public transport?
9. Where and what time will they arrive home?
To complete this task you will need to create an itinerary for the trip. Your itinerary should include times, locations and the plan for the day’s events. You need to take into account the time it would take to move from one place to another (eg: from the public transport to the movie theatre).
You can use your iPad to do your research and you can complete you itinerary either in your Maths book or on your Pages app.
July 24, 2017 by Mr Richo
- Samara’s family are involved in helping other communities. How do we know that?
- What is the purpose for the fairy house business?
- What is her business name?
- What is the meaning of the phrase “unique idea”?
- How do you make a profit/loss sheet?
- What does Samara want to do in the future?
- What is unique about her book?
- In the 3rd paragraph, which word means a type of payment?
- What two countries are mentioned?
- Go to Samara’s blog. Write a short report about one of the stories.
July 21, 2017 by Mr Richo
Hi everyone Miss Buhov here!!
I just thought I would make a post to introduce myself and tell you all what I am doing here.
I am 22 years old and in my 4th year of university at RMIT in Bundoora. I am very happy to almost be done and to finally be a teacher.
Over the next 6 weeks I will be taking lessons and introducing new activities and eventually taking every single lesson in the week!
I am very excited to take part in your earn and learn projects and share as much knowledge as I have in the area.
I can’t wait to get to know you all and have an amazing time at Apollo!!